***This is a permanent deckhand position. This position will not allow for Tankerman advancement opportunities.***
Deckhands assist others on the vessel in preparing barges for the loading and discharging of cargos.
Deckhands build tows by handling lines and cables to tie/untie barges and boats. Deckhands also perform scheduled vessel maintenance for tools and equipment, and perform general housekeeping duties as assigned by their supervisor.
***You MUST live within an hour (60 minutes) of Beaumont/Port Arthur area, TX to be eligible for this position***
Deckhands will adhere to company safety policy and procedures, environmental rules and governmental regulation.
Deckhands work under the supervision of the Master or designate.
1. Must have a valid TWIC.
2. Must have valid driver's license.
3. Must not have more than two moving violations in three (3) years.
4. Must have a social security card.
5. Must have a state-issued birth certificate.
6. Must be 18 years of age.
7. Must be a U.S. citizen.
8. Must be able to read and write English at a ninth grade level.
9. Must be able to pass drug and alcohol screen.
10. Must not be color blind.
11. Must be able to work in inclement weather outdoors (heat and cold).
12. Must not have a DWI or DUI in the last three (3) years.
13. Cannot have any criminal charges pending or be on probation.