ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Develop relationships with the assigned Charter Owner Company management and understand their SMS and culture.
- Evaluate the performance of vessels in the assigned fleet, and develop plans with the management of the owning company to improve performance.
- Influence the performance of assign companies and vessels through quarterly evaluation meetings, targeting areas needing improvement and developing initiatives to impact the areas.
- Visit vessels to:
- Conduct Safety Meetings with the crews
- Conduct Vessel Safety and Quality Audits on the vessels
- Update the software on Kirby computers
- Complete work place safety observations
- Coordinate with owners to develop repair plans and schedules, to be communicated to Kirby traffic.
- Respond to incidents and serve as the on-scene incident commander as assigned.
- Investigate incidents involving vessels with the individual assigned fleet, looking for systemic improvements that will impact the entire vessel operations within Kirby and communicate those initiatives through the MOC and procedure change processes.
- Give presentations to the vessel owners at the various meetings involving the Charter Community.
- Participate in committees as assigned, working with other departments within Kirby to impact overall performance.
- Be safety focused and exhibit Stop Work Responsibility.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Organized, detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oasis)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with both Internal as well as External Customers.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment
- Ability to operate a company motor vehicle. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Working knowledge of vessel navigation and management, wheelman license preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of cargo transfer operation, tankerman license, DL and LG endorsements, preferred but not required.
- Presentation and training skills
Regular business office hours and will work within an existing On Call Duty Schedule.
- Will be required to work one weekend per month when not schedule for regular On Call Duty Schedule.