- Follow direction of Chief Engineer
- Familiarity with KOM documented Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that work done on machinery is in accordance with safety procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain vessel inventories.
- Safely operate and maintain vessel machinery as required to carry out the vessel's utilization requirements; monitor equipment and perform inspections, tests, general maintenance and repairs required to ensure proper operating conditions.
- Manage fuel, lube, ballast and other fluids essential operation; fueling and transfers; consult with the tug Captain regarding issues in order to maintain safe and efficient operating conditions.
- Properly and legibly complete, submit and maintain vessel maintenance logs, work requests, requisitions, inspection reports and any other paperwork as required; instruct deck watch standers in the proper conduct of engine room rounds.
- Ensure that the Captain and Engineering Management are kept informed of vessel requirements, conditions, scheduled maintenance or repair items that are beyond his ability to complete, or any items that are deferred for any reason.
- Assist the PIC Tankerman with barge repairs that affect cargo operations; assist on deck as directed by the tug Captain; stand watches during tug operations.
The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks, which may be required of the position holder. The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility of the position.